Nigerian Army Rescues 2 More Chibok Girls With Kids, 2 Aid Workers In Borno – SIXT-MEDIA LANE CONSULT
The Nigerian Army, on Thursday, presented two more Chibok schoolgirls rescued from the captivity of the Boko Haram/ ISWAP terrorists in Sambisa forest.
Similarly, the Army rescued two out of the three humanitarian workers with the Family Health International (FHI360), abducted on April 26 in Gamborun Ngala local government area of Borno State.
Presenting the two rescued Chibok girls to journalists at the Command and Control Centre of Operation Hadin Kai in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, the Theatre Commander, Maj. Gen. Ibrahim Ali, said in line with the directives of the President, Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, Muhammadu Buhari, to rid the North-East of terrorism and rescue all kidnapped/abducted victims of terrorism, series of operations by troops of OPHK have been embarked on to achieve the National Security Mandate of the Federal Government.
Accordingly, the Theatre Commander said the Army has employed both kinetic and non-kinetic strategies in the actualisation of the aforementioned mandate, which has yielded positive results.
The results, he said, were evident as troops have rescued about 14 Chibok schoolgirls recently, noting that the schoolgirls rescued so far include; Aisha Grema serial number 11 on the abducted Chibok girls list, Hannatu Musa number 7 on the list, and Sera Luka number 38 on the list. Others are; Ruth Bitrus serial 41, Mary Dauda serial 46, Hauwa Joseph serial 18, Falmata Lawan serial number 3, Asabe Ali serial number 12, Jankai Yamal serial number 20, Yana Pogu serial number 19, Rejoice Sanki serial number 70, and Hassana Adamu with serial number 35.
“In line with international best practices, they have all been handed over to the Borno State Government after undergoing medical evaluation and treatment at 7 Div Medical Services and Hospital. Consolidating on the numerous successes recorded so far, troops of Operation Hadin Kai have yet again rescued 2 other Chibok School girls on 21 April 23. Below are highlights of the recently rescued Chibok Girls.
“On 21 April 23, Esther Marcus and her one year old baby, Juwairiya were rescued by troops of 114 Task Force Battalion Bitta at Lagara during operations. She is on serial number 103 of the abducted Chibok Girls List. Esther is 26 years old, Kibaku by tribe from Jila in Chibok LGA of Borno State.
“While in captivity, she was forcefully married to one Garba AKA (Garus), a Boko Haram terrorists’ fighter who was killed during troops offensive operations on terrorists’ enclaves. She was later married off to another Boko Haram terrorist, Abba in Ukuba terrorist enclaves in Sambisa forest until her rescue by troops of OPHK.
“Since her rescue, she has undergone thorough medical examination along with her baby. Equally, they have been adequately resuscitated and will be handed over to the Borno State Government for further administration.
“On 21 April 23, Hauwa Maltha and her 3 years old baby were rescued by troops of 114 Task Force Battalion Bitta at Lagara during operations. She is on serial number 02 of the abducted Chibok Girls List. Hauwa is 26 years old, Kibaku by tribe from Jila in Chibok LGA of Borno State. While in captivity Hauwa got married at Gulukos to one Salman, a camera man to Shekau.
“Salman later died in Lake Chad. Thereafter, Hauwa Maltha got married to one Mallam Muhammad in Gobara and had 2 children for him who later died due to sickness. Mallam Muhammad, her second husband was also killed in Ukuba terrorist enclaves in Sambisa forest during clashes between JAS/ISWAP. Hauwa who was about 8 months and 2 weeks pregnant during the time of her rescue delivered a bouncing baby boy on 28 Apr 23 while undergoing thorough medical examination along with her baby Fatima at 7 Division Medical Hospital and Services.
“Equally, Hauwa and her children, have been adequately resuscitated and will be handed over to the Borno State Government for further administration,” Maj. Gen Ali said.
He used the medium to assure the general public and the good people of the North-East in particular, that OPHK remains resolute and determined in neutralising all vestiges of terrorist elements as well as criminals marauding in the North-East and return total and long-lasting peace to the region.
Continuing, he said, “Our immense appreciation goes to the President, Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari, the Chief of Defence Staff, General LEO Irabor and Service Chiefs for their strategic guidance and provision of requisite logistics and operational platforms which has spurred the continuous successes recorded in OPHK.
“We will continue to discharge our constitutional duties professionally and justify the confidence reposed in us. We will not rest until absolute peace and normalcy is returned in the North East.”